Shooting a movie is interesting. Whether it’s a documentary video, any kind of short movie, or even while you-tubing, it will always be a new and memorable experience.
But for that, you will need a camera. Do you think it will be a simple digital camera? Of course not. For excellent video production, you can either use the cinema camera or a professional camcorder.
Normally, you use a cinema camera for your movie shoot. But, with the advent of professional camcorders and their new features, it will be natural for you to get confused.
That is why you need to know about their differences so that you can choose properly.
Camcorder VS Cinema Camera
1. Visual Impact
The number one feature that you will find in a cinema camera is its visual point. That is their shallow depth of field. These cinema cameras have got a visual impact that is really very strong.
Many of you may wonder what this depth of field might be. A depth of field (DOF) in a camera usually focuses on objects or people that you specifically want to capture or video. In short, only the things that you want to shoot will be in focus.
The cinema camera also has an image sensor as its special feature. The sensor size of this cinema camera is larger than the camcorder I must say.
But there is a catch. It can be a bit complicated to choose a cinema camera with a good media setting. The amount of media they can capture varies. Some cameras can be limited to 10-15 minutes of videos per taking.
Now, let’s move on to our camcorder. The visual impact of this camcorder is very good. Even their image sensor is not as large as that of a cinema camera as mentioned above. Still, their focal point for shooting video is awesome.
On the other side, camcorders are the ones to top a cinema camera regarding media settings. Both its external and internal flashes are really amazing. Compared to a cinema camera, camcorders can record videos for many hours. Recording videos with a camcorder also depend on its resolution and on the compression settings used.
Before you select the camera that you like it is very important that you compare the price of these electronics.
Let us start with our cinema camera first. These cameras are relatively cheaper in price if you ask. As a starter, you can go for a cinema camera if you want.
Meanwhile, the camcorders especially the professional ones, are really expensive. This is because its features are more upgraded than a cinema camera.
Point to be noted:
Additional accessories are needed for both cameras. They include a microphone, tripod, and lights. But, in the case of a professional camcorder, more add-ons are required to shoot any videos compared to a cinema camera.
The cinema cameras do not have any audio input. This is a matter of concern as that input means a standard audio connection. Instead, these cameras use mini-jack inputs mostly. This can be less reliable.
In case of audio input of better quality, camcorders are highly recommended. They also got an internal microphone as their feature.
Audio settings in a camcorder got various kinds of audio options with amazing sound qualities. Moreover, a camcorder also allows for separate audio track recordings. It will result in greater flexibility for post-production. How cool this is, right?
4. Viewfinder Capability
Viewfinder capability is also an important factor for any kind of video or movie making. Unfortunately, the cinema cameras do not have this feature though some of the manufacturers designed articulated viewfinders on this camera.
The professional camcorders give you two options of Eyepiece and LCD Screen. Whenever you are filming in a bright environment, these add-ons help the videographer shield any kind of glare present.
If you are up for video shooting like a professional then professional camcorders are highly recommended for you. They got great video and audio qualities, as well as great ergonomics, compared to a cinema camera.
They are light to carry as well. And hopefully, this information helps you to know the difference between camcorder and cinema camera.
- ♥24MP & 1080P FHD CAMCORDER - This digital video camera supports shooting of Full HD 1080p(30FPS) video and 24MP photo. Besides, it supports 3.0 inch IPS screen, 16X digital zoom and remote control....
- ♥IR NIGHT VISION & SUPPORT EXTERNAL MICROPHONE - Night vision camcorder can shoot high definition image and videos in low light condition and even in the darkness, additionally the video shoot...
- ♥WEBCAM – The vlogging camera can be connected the PC with USB cable. Then you can transfer your files to your computer by choosing “MSDC” or take it as a webcam by choosing the “PC CAM”...
- ♥PAUSE & REMOTE CONTROL - You can pause long video shooting at any point and continue from where you stopped without starting a new file. This camera also support remote control. Therefore, all the...
- ♥MULTIFUNCTION - This digital camcorder supports video at intervals, low-speed video，motion detection, time-lapse, self-shooting and continuous shooting. This lightweight, small and easy-to-use...
- 50X and 90X Optical Zoom: Long 50X zoom and 90X intelligent zoom draws in the scene from far away. The focal length is 2.06 - 103 millimeter
- Wide-angle Lens: A 28mm wide-angle lens is convenient for capturing group images in small spaces, such as weddings, reunions and vacations
- 1/5.8-Inch BSI Sensor: The Back Side Illumination Sensor has a large effective area with 2.20M effective pixels, suppressing noise even when shooting in dimly lit conditions
- Creative Controls: Creative filter effects like 8mm Movie, Silent Movie, Miniature Effect and Time Lapse Recording add more personality to your high-definition recordings
- Crisp, Clear Audio: A 2-channel zoom microphone automatically adjusts recording volume higher or lower synced to the camcorder's active zooming capability for crisp, clear audio
- 4K UHD 30p Recording
- Genuine Canon 4K-compatible 20x Optical Zoom Lens and Wide 29.3mm Angle of View
- Advanced Full HD
- Intelligent 5-axis Image Stabilization
- Turn your VIXIA camcorder into a high-quality webcam using its clean HDMI output
- Get in Close and Detail: 18.91 Megapixel MOS sensor plus 20x Zoom LEICA Decomar Lens (4.08-81.6 millimeter), plus 5-axis Hybrid O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
- 1/2.3-Inch BSI Sensor: The Back Side Illumination Sensor has a large effective area with 8.29M effective pixels, suppressing noise even when shooting in dimly lit conditions. Image Sensor is...
- 4K Recording and In-Camera Editing: Ultra-sharp 4K Ultra HD recording, plus in-camera editing for 1080p displays; Total Pixels 18.91 megapixels, still image 7.00 megapixels [3:2], 8.29 megapixels...
- HDR Movie Feature: Exclusive high-dynamic range feature suppresses blown highlights and blocked shadows for crisper and clearer videos
- Wireless Twin Camera: Wirelessly connect your smartphone's video camera as a sub-camera for a picture-in-picture video effect.Recording Format:JPEG (DCF/Exif2.2)
- 4K Optical Zoom Camcorder: This 4k video camera is an optical zoom camcorder that zooms (zoom in / out) without sacrificing pixels, and is still a very sharp image. Easily zoom in on distant scenes...
- 4K Video Camera with LED Video Light & Microphone: The LED video light with 96 light bulbs is a fill light specially developed for photographers. Stepless adjustment of the cold and warm color...
- 4K Video Camera with Wide-Angle Lens & Lens Hood: The 4K video camera is supplied with a 2 in 1 HD wide-angle lens. The macro lens is only intended for close-ups of micro-objects such as insects and...
- As a Webcam Camera & WiFi Camcorder: As a webcam camera you can stream directly to Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Skype. Connect the video camera to the computer with the USB cable and select PC...
- Perfect Gift: With a portable storage bag, particularly light and compact that is easy to carry and store. Record important events (wedding, birthday party, sporting events, sights). Use the camera to...
- Full-Size 4/3 Sensor/ 4096X2160 Resolution
- 4K Dki Video Recording At 60 Fps / 13 Stop Dynamic Range
- Carbon Fiber Composite Build / Black Magic Operating System
- 5" Touchscreen Lcd / 4 Built-In Microphones
【Professional Shoulder Rig】 Turn your DSLR camera or camcorder into a pro filmmaking system with Neewer Shoulder Rig. Rest it on your shoulder or hold it with the top handle for low-angle...
【Universal Baseplate】 Baseplate is compatible with DSLR cameras, video cameras, and camcorders via its 1/4” and 3/8” mounting threads. The quick release plate enables instant camera...
【Matte Box & Follow Focus】 Matte box fits lenses 43–77mm in diameter. The three flags block excessive light and avoid lens glare for clear, sharp footage. Follow focus allows you to adjust...
【Comfortable Handgrips & Shoulder Pad】 Anti-slip dual handgrips let you hold the rig with a firm grip while filming moving subjects, and the soft rubber shoulder pad helps reduce muscle strains...
【Accessorize the Setup】 Multiple 1/4” and 3/8” female threads enable you to equip the rig with various devices, including microphones, monitors, flash strobes, LED video lights to...
- Bundle Includes: 1 x Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro (EF Mount), 1 x Sony 128GB SF-M Tough Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card, 1 x Corel Photo Software With PhotoMirage, AfterShot, Painter...
- UPGRADED: The 6K Pro features all the recording features, sensor, dynamic range, buttons, and ports as its predecessor, and adds a variety of important new features such as a 5" tilting HDR capacitive...
- RICH DETAILS: The 6K Pro can turn one frame into two by cropping a second shot from one frame, upscaling to 8K, or simply capturing rich, detailed footage with your favorite EF/EF-S-mount lens. The...
- EASY TO USE: The compact 6K Pro retains the familiar controls and menu layout of the 6K model, such as ISO support up to 25,600, 13 stops of dynamic range, and 1920 x 1080 HDR monitor output....
- KEY FEATURES: Bright 1500 cd/m Tilting HDR LCD, Super35 HDR Sensor, Gen 5 Color Science, Dual XLR Inputs, Active EF Mount, NP-F570 Battery, Built-In ND Filters, Record 6K 6144 x 3456 up to 50 fps,...