Whether you want to capture your best hunting moments, the stunning action of wildlife or to follow the animal movement pattern, you will need a good hunting camera in the first place. With the right camera, you can get the best hunting sessions recorded for yourself and your dear ones.
Using convenient cameras developed for hunting or trailing can help you to get the actions recorded in a relatively higher resolution for sure.
But the present market offers an endless number of configurations and models. Choosing the best video camera for hunting is indeed a tricky job among these huge variations. But to get you out of those, we got here 14 best camera for hunting video cameras that suit pretty well for hunting purposes.
- Canon VIXIA HF R800 – Best Portable Video Camera Camcorder for Deer Hunting
- SPYPOINT XCEL 1080p – Best Action Video Camera for Filming Hunting
- Tactacam Ultimate 4.0 Bow Pack – Best Gun Mounted Camera for Hunting
- GoPro Hero5 Black — Best Waterproof Digital Action Camera for Travel
Top 14 Best Video Camera for Hunting and Filming Reviews
1. iON CamoCam Realtree Xtra Texture Camouflage HD Video Camera for Filming Hunts
With this iON camocam duck hunting unit, your hunt for a good sports action recorder just comes to an end. It features a proper authentic camouflage pattern that will keep you hidden allowing you to take the perfect shot. This iON camocam bow mount from iON Camera provides a one-touch recording offering that helps you to get every action recorded.
Through beautiful 1080p HD shooting along with 14 MP pictures, you can have the best moments in the recorder to share your amazing experience. The built-in aluminum mount and wi-fi let you have a better position and connect with the smart device. This iON camocam review also confirms an easy-to-operate button for convenient controls.This is the best video camera for hunting.
1. Dimension: 1.45” x 1.45” x 4.5”
2. Weight: 130 g 3. Battery: Lithium-Polymer
4. Power: 2.5 hrs on full charge / 1 hr with wi-fi
5. Connection: HDMI output with USB 2.0
6. Video: HD – 720p, FHD – 1080p
7. Photo: Single, Burst-shot, 14 megapixel
2. Campark 4K 20MP Action Camera
You can easily capture the valuable and amazing moments with this best Campark action camera right away. This Campart ACT74 action camera review introduces a 4k 30/60 fps recording for to help you catch a more lifelike and sharper moment for your adventure. The 2” screen that comes with a 170° lens, helps you to grab every detail of the background in a row.
The 16MP sensor gets you clearer images than ever that you can share thanks to the wi-fi connectivity. Rechargeable dual batteries can support up to 180 minutes for its 32 GB storage. With the supported HDMI output for CamPark ACT74 action camera for hunting, you can have the best recording through time-lapse, slow motion,and even loop recording mode.
1. Dimension: 2.8” x 2.8” x 6.8”
2. Weight: 1.19 pounds
3. Battery: Removable, 900 mAh, Lithium-ion
4. Power: 90 minutes for 1 battery
5. Connection: HDMI, Wi-Fi (Android/IOS)
6. Video: 4K, 2.7K, 1080p, 720p
7. Photo: 16MP, 12MP, 8MP, 5MP, 2MP
3. Canon VIXIA HF R800 Best Portable Video Camera Camcorder for Deer Hunting
Featuring a powerful zoom, you can have grabbed the crystal clear images of near, far or in between. With this best camcorder for deer hunting, you will receive an advanced zoom of 57x that creates dynamic variety. The power of the telephoto ranges from 32.5 mm up to an incredibly larger 1853 mm inducing superior flexibility.
Having an optical image stabilizing system, you can have steady, sharp images with this best camcorder for hunting. The included CMOS sensor of 3.26 MP is able to capture true 1080p photos. Canon VIXIA HF G40 reviewreveals an extra sensitivity to create a lifelike picture with natural color. The lightweight, compact design delivers a portable body, ready to record the precious moments.
1. Dimension: 2.1” x 2.3” x 4.6” 2. Weight: 8.5 ounces
3. Battery: Single Lithium-ion Battery
4. Connectivity: HDMI output, USB 2.0
5. Zooming: 57x zoom, Manual Operation
6. Video: Full HD (1920×1080) Resolution
7. Image: 3.28 MP, 4 Powerful Processors
4. Panasonic 4K Cinema-Like Video Camera Camcorder HC-WXF991K for Hunting
The combination of HD recording and in-camera editing, this best video camcorder for hunting comes with simple operation with powerful capture. Featuring a 1/2.3” BSI-type MOS sensor for Panasonic HC-WXF991K review, you will have a crystal clear picture of the moment. It delivers a total of 18.91 MP with a sufficient focal length of 4.08 mm that ranges up to 81.6 mm.
Also, the 20x zooming with 5-axis optical image stabilization system allows you to capture the best action. The Panasonic camcorder for hunting offers an ultra-sharp 4K recording that has a unique feature of in-camera effect editing for both slow/fast motion capturing. Built-in dual camera along with Wi-Fi connectivity helps to share your hunting experience.
1. Dimension: 2.7” x 3” x 6.4”
2. Weight: 14.2 ounces
3. Battery: Rechargeable, 1940 mAh, Lithium-ion
4. Power: 1-Hour running on Full Charge
5. Video: 10 Different Formats @ 24/30/60 fps
6. Image: 9 Different Resolution (0.3 to 25.9 MP)
5. SPYPOINT XCEL 1080p Best Action Video Camera for Filming Hunting
For a premium quality camera like this best action video camera for hunting, it is worth your investment when you want something advanced, innovative for hunting experience. The built-in 2-way action camera comes with a convenient remote control facility.
Spypoint XCEL HD2 review provides a high-ending creation that has incredible waterproof housing and low lighting sensor. The 12 MP camera with 170° viewing lens can easily make the best capturing for the best action in 1080p resolution.
Along with 6 multi-shots and time lapsing mode for the Spypoint Xcel HD2 hunt action camera, you can grab the best picture with natural color. Reasonable zooming up to 4x with convenient external mic attachment, your recording will get the best lifelike looking for sure.
1. Dimension: 2.4” x 1.7” x 1.6”
2. Weight: 82.2 g
3. Battery: Rechargeable, 1050 mAh, Lithium-Polymer
4. Remote Control: 2-way, 120 feet range
5. Video: 1080p, 720p, 480p @ 30/60 fps
6. Audio: 12 MP, 6 multi-shots, time lapsing
6. Canon VIXIA HF G40 Full HD Camcorder for Filming Hunts
In short, you can rely on to capture the valuable moments using this compact, easy to operate and capable camcorder. This best camcorder for hunting has HD lens with convenient zooming quality and an extra sensitive sensor for better lighting performance.
You can get high-quality AVCHD and MP4 recordings to store in the SD cards at the dual slots with faithful rendering and finer details. Through a built-in OLED panel, it comes with incredible viewing angle, high-quality color contrast,and reproduction.
Again, the Canon VIXIA HF G40 review conforms a 20x zooming lens has a focal length of 26.8 – 576 mm reducing flaring action. The 2.91 MP HD sensor with an 8-blade aperture for this best canon camcorder for hunting delivers minimum distortion for the sharpened images.
1. Dimension: 10.5” x 7” x 8”
2. Weight: 1.98 pounds
3. Battery: Rechargeable, Lithium-ion Battery (1)
4. Display: OLED, 3.5” width, 10000 (Contrast): 1 (EVF)
5. Video: 1080/60p quality, AVCHD & MP4 format
6. Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi, Dual Slot for SD Cards
7. Midland XTC280VP1080p HD Wearable Action Camera for Hunting
To capture all the actions in stunning HD image or recording, you can definitely rely on this Midland creation. With a camouflage and breakout pattern, this wearable camera offers complete coverage of your favorite moments. The powerful lens easily focuses from 5” to infinite distance ensures that you won’t miss a single shot with this Midland camera for hunting.
Midland XTC285VP review also introduces an image stabilizing technique with a wide variety of mounts available with, you will get a remarkably crisp, stable and clear picture. The built-in mic catches the natural sound with optimum silence for this Midland camera for hunting. The recordings come in MPEG-4 format at 2 available resolutions – 1080p & 720p. And the slot for micro SD can easily accommodate 64 GB of storage space.
1. Dimension: 3” x 1.5” x 1.8”
2. Weight: 3.2 ounces
3. Battery: Lithium – Metal Battery, 900 mAh
4. Power: 2-hours recording over a full charge
5. Video: MPEG-4 format, 1080p @ 30 fps, 720p @ 60 fps
6. Record Time: 11 min/GB on 1080p, 13 min/GB on 720p
8. Tactacam Ultimate 4.0 Bow Pack – Best Gun Mounted Camera for Hunting
When you a proper recording attachment for the bow or firearm while hunting, Tectacam Ultimate is the obvious choice. This pack of Tectacam introduces best gun mounted camera for hunting that includes hunting camera, cable, battery and other to help you to prepare the best moments of your adventure.
With the 5x zooming lens, you will surely have the pleasant view of nearby objects. It comes with ultra HD resolution for capturing alongside sharpened lens. The optimized combination for Tactacam 4.0 review can function enough even in lower light that fits well for guns or rifles.
There is also a Tectacam app for the best gun mounted camera for hunting through which you can immediately share your experience using Wi-Fi connectivity.
1. Dimension: 8.5” x 3.1” x 3.1”
2. Weight: 1 pound
3. Battery: Rechargeable, Lithium-Polymer
4. Power: 2.5 hours of continuous recording
5. Video: 2.7K @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 60 fps, 720p @ 120 fps
6. Connectivity: Wi-Fi with Tectacam App, USB 2.0 (Mac/PC)
9. Sony FDR-AX53/B 4K Handycam Best Camcorder Bundle to Use for Hunting
Along with 20x zooming lens and extra-sensitive sensor, this camera from Sony is indeed the best video camera to use for hunting allowing you to get high-quality 4K video. This palm-sized camcorder comes with a complete package to meet the capturing demands. Also, the included Balance Optical SteadyShot technique grabs the stable footage within the focus range. For proper monitoring, there is one 3” LCD touchscreen with Sony FDR-AX53 review that comes with 931K dots resolution.
Through the HDMI output, you can connect with a larger screen. There is also Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity for this Sony video camera for hunting. You can transfer your hunting moments to friends or even go livestream within seconds.this is the best camcorder for hunting under 1000 dollars.
1. Dimension: 6.6” x 3.2” x 2.9”
2. Weight: 635 g
3. Battery: Rechargeable, Lithium-ion, 1960 mAh
4. Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC, HDMI output
5. Video: 11 formats at 24/30/60 fps, 120 fps for 1080p
6. Image: 0.3-16.6 MP resolution, 2.5” CMOS sensor
10. Panasonic HC-X1000 Video Camera for Bow Hunting
Getting the transition between 4K and HD, this creation of Panasonic offers ease of operation to qualify as the best video camera for bow hunting. It records the video in 4K at true 24p apart from the broadcast compatible UHD rate, it fits perfectly into the broadcasting workflow. Panasonic HC-X1000 review reveals 20x lens provision in 4 groups and electronic geared rings that allows you to operate and control the shot manually.
The recordings can of either AVCHD, move or mp4 codec which can be stored in cards through any of the dual SD slots. In fact, the incorporation of slots for the best camcorder for self filming hunts delivers simultaneous recording, relay recording. Again, you can have a good background recording during HD shooting.
1. Dimension: 12.4” x 6.7” x 6.3”
2. Weight: 3.4 pounds
3. Video: 4K, 1080p at different speeds
4. Image: 2.3” motion sensor, 8.8/8.3 MP still picture
5. Connectivity: Wi-Fi, HDMI, USB (Micro-B, Type-A)
6. Display: LCD, 3.5”, Touchscreen, 1152K dots
11. 4K Ultra HD Infrared Night Vision Camcorder for Hunting
Modified for professional applications for hunting, you can use this ultra HD and 4K as a regular camcorder and also, in dark sightings. You can easily switch the Full Spectrum/IR mode to have the visibility into infrared and ultraviolet spectrums of light. Through electronic image stabilizing system, it offers crisp, clear and steady images of your adventure. With the 30x zooming lens, you can have a better recording for sufficient sighting distance for night vision camcorder review.
The built-in infrared-spectrum LED, the custom design for this night vision camera for ghost hunting delivers incredible brightness with superior details. With a powerful; a combination of light spectrum, it lets you catch evidence and sightings even from a reasonable distance.
1. Dimension: 4.8” x 1.8” x 2.4”
2. Weight: 3 pounds
3. Battery: Rechargeable, Lithium-ion, 2
4. Video: 4K @ 24 fps, QHD @ 30 fps, FHD @ 60 fps
5. Image: 24 MP resolution, 5’ distant infrared
6. Connectivity: HDMI, USB 2.0
7. Display: Touchscreen, LCD, 3” width
12. Panasonic HC-V180K – Best Camera to Film Your Own Hunts
Whether the object is close-up or lies far away, you can capture the right moment using this versatile camera from Panasonic. There comes 2 different zooming lens for this recorder – 50x and 90x. The wider angle lens brings the action front and center in no time.
With a 5-axis image stabilizing system, you can have it as the best camera to film your own hunts. Featuring an automated level shot, Panasonic HC-V180K review induces the detection of the present tilting of the image and corrects it.
An illuminated sensor lies on the backside of this Panasonic night vision camcorder helps you to get a clearer image in lower lighting. And to imply your genuine creativity over the video, you can add several effects through built-in controls with miniature effects. In fact, this one is best camcorder for ghost hunting.
1. Dimension: 4.6” x 2.1” x 2.3”
2. Weight: 211 g
3. Battery: Rechargeable, Lithium-ion, 1940 mAh
4. Zoom: 50x Optical, 90x Intelligent, 150x/3000x Digital
5. Video: mp4 or AVCHD, 8 formats @ 30/60 fps
6. Image: 0.3 to 10 MP, 5.8” MOS sensor
13. GoPro Hero5 Black — Waterproof Digital Action Camera for Travel
Providing a perfect balance between convenience and performance, this one from GoPro offers optimum recording acility. GoPro HERO5 black review reveals the requirement of installation of Quik app in the smart device to share your adventurous experience with friends and family. In fact, you can automatically send the footage to the device for editing in your phone with this best video camera for bow hunting.
It delivers a stunning video in 4K quality with 12 MP still images with time-lapse, burst,and single modes. The durable design of this GoPro hero5 for hunting can provide clear recording under 33’ of water depth with no housing. One click button control for the shutter with easy voice commands leads to an extraordinary recording.
1. Dimension: 1.8” x 2.4” x 1.3”
2. Weight: 4.2 ounces
3. Battery: Rechargeable, Lithium-Polymer
4. Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI
5. Video: 4K @ 30 fps, 3840 x 2160 Resolution
6. Image: 12 MP, Widescreen
14. Sony HDR-CX405/B – Best Bow Hunting Video Camera
With increased sensitivity and greater zooming performance, you can capture the best action moments of your hunting time. Sony HDR-CX405 Review confirms the inclusion of 30x optical zoom with 60x clear image zooming that will take even close to the live action. A wider angle lens of 26.8mm provides full HD recording in both AVCHD and mp4 format for the best bowhunting video camera.
The CMOS sensor offers better visibility in lower lighting whereas optical stabilization works to capture a smooth, clearer footage. Through the LCD display of 2.7”for this Sony Handycam for deer hunting, you can have a good look and focus on the targeted object. With face detecting technique, it also adjusts focus, flash,and exposure to get the clear image.
1. Dimension: 12.2” x 10.2” x 4.7”
2. Weight: 2.95 pounds
3. Zoom: 30x Optical, 60x Clear Image
4. Battery: Rechargeable, Lithium-ion, 1240 mAh
5. Video: H.264, AVCHD, XAVC S @ 30/60 fps
6. Image: 9.2 MP, 5.8” Optical Sensor
7. Connectivity: USB 2.0, HDMI
Best Video Camera for Filming Hunting Buying Guide
To get the best performance from a hunting camera, you will definitely need a high-quality camcorder that meets the requirements. There are some factors that simulate the performance of a camera along with its quality. Knowing those factors will obviously help you to record and capture the valuable moments of your hunting sessions.
- Focus & Zoom: Focusing and zooming are the important parts of a camera that will help you to capture the object with ease. therefore, focus and zoom should be as high as possible to get the best capturing performance.
- Stabilization: The image stabilizing feature is another must-have thing for a good hunting camera. To catch a motioned picture or recording, stabilization helps to acquire a steady image.
- Battery: Battery is indeed one of the most important as you can’t charge the battery if they get dead in the jungle. This is why you need to have a powerful battery that can serve for a longer
- Display: Display is mostly touchscreen these days, they help you to focus and zoom on the targeted object. Again, you can adjust several effects and settings using the display. The display needs to have much dots as possible with a larger
- Waterproof: For a hunting trip on rainy days or in lakes, you will need to have a waterproof camera to get the best moments. It is better to get something water resistant which can support for a reasonable depth.
- Night Vision: Through infrared and ultra-violet lights, you can have good night vision. Whether it is a video shootout, ghost hunting or hunting sessions at nightfall, a camera with night vision is a must.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What to do if the batteries get dead?
Answer: It is better to recharge fully, partial can work. But full charge retains the battery life.
2. What class and size SD card is suitable for hunting cameras?
Answer: In general, the memory size depends on how much the camera can support. But at least 32 GB is good for hunting purposes. Class 10 SD cards are most suitable for cameras.
3. Can the camera continue recording after the SD card is filled?
Answer: It depends on internal storage. If internal storage is available, the recording can continue. Otherwise, you have to use another one.
4. How much depth can the camera get without any damage?
Answer: The main thing is the housing for a waterproof camera. With housing, you can get to a deeper level than without the housing. It should be specified by the manufacturer.
5. How much dots holds good for a good, clear display?
Answer: Larger dot number means better reproduction of light effect. Though there are no hard and fast rules, it is good to have a display with a greater number of dots.
With these cameras, I believe you will be able to take satisfactory photos. But it’s also important to keep your camera still when it comes to capturing the best hunting moments, the amazing action of wild animals. We can use the lanyards to hang the camera around the neck and carry water bottles, and any small items that can be hung to prevent loss. Go Website!
Among such a huge variety of choices, getting the best is not an easy task. But we did that to help you get the best hunting camera that will deliver quality and performance. Each of our choices has a certain application in the field and therefore, you can pick your gear with optimum ease.
The most suitable one you can choose will certainly deliver a convenient facility to get on the live action of the wildlife. And with the best one, you will get the pleasure of capturing your best moments and also, a successful scouting session out there.
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
No products found.