There has been a dramatic rise in the Y2K trend today. It seems like the 2000s era is returning, and we can’t feel anything but happier about it. The trend has made funky sunglasses, cute accessories, and low-waist jeans trendy again. Although the Y2K trend is exciting, it has also made a way back for crop tops and the obsession over a tiny waist.
Whether Black, American, Latina, Asian, or European, all are obsessing over having an hourglass figure to enhance their body curves. The best and most effective to achieve it is by wearing waist trainers. These compression devices are known for transforming any form into an hourglass figure with a tiny waist, flat stomach, and curvy upper body.
But there are some potential drawbacks of wearing waist trainers for a prolonged period every day. If you are here to find out how long is optimal to wear this shaping piece each day, we will help you. We will also share some crucial safety tips to help you make the most of the device and enhance its effectiveness.
How Many Hours Are Optimal for Wearing a Waist Trainer?
Waist training dates back centuries. Women during European times used this piece to give the illusion of a smaller waist. It helped make their form appear better and more appealing by flattening the bust line. Some people even considered it a status symbol because mostly women from affluent backgrounds used to sport it.
However, over time, corsets were made accessible to everyone, whether from a wealthy background or inferior. Today, you can easily find waist trainers online and from the clothing store. However, it is vital to check their quality before investing your money.
Moreover, it is not optimal for us to sport a corset for a prolonged period. Studies have proven that the most appropriate duration to wear a corset daily ranges between 8 to 10 hours. If you wear the clothing piece for over 8-10 hours, it can negatively affect your body.
If you want to see quick and effective results from wearing a trainer, wear it regularly for weeks and sometimes even months. You can consult your healthcare provider and the manufacturer to determine the optimal duration to see the results. However, along with wearing it, it is also vital to feed on a healthy diet and perform regular exercises to shape your body.
Within a few months of continually wearing it, you will see astonishing results. But if it is worn for over 10 hours a day, it can harm your body and health. Some common side effects of a waist trainer include severe back pain because of weakening muscles and poor posture. It can also cause abdomen organ damage, constipation, fracture, low tolerance to food, breathing difficulty, and skin damage.
Are 8 to 10 Hours Optimal for Every Woman to Wear a Corset?
The answer is a big NO. It doesn’t matter what we say and what the doctors say regarding the optimal duration of wearing a corset, if it doesn’t suit you, you should not wear it. We all have different bodies and health conditions. And we must listen to them and do or wear anything according to our body.
Another thing to remember is to increase the hours of wearing it progressively, not immediately. You can start by wearing the trainer for 2 hours daily, then 3, then gradually increasing it to 6, and then 8. And if you think it is alright, 10 is the limit. Don’t wear the shaping device for over 10 hours, as it can harm your internal organs and the skin.
Vital Safety Tips to Get Effective Results from a Waist Trainer:
Since waist training is a personal experience, no matter what anyone says, your views will be different. We can only recommend the optimal duration and share various ways to avoid its negative consequences. So, here are some helpful tips to stay safe while wearing a waist trainer and enhance its effectiveness.
- If you are a beginner, wear the shaping device for only 2 hours a day for the initial 2 weeks. It will give your body sufficient time to adjust to a constrained space without stressing and give it the right pace to mold its form. When the duration is over, you can gradually increase the time by an hour.
- If you have a month’s experience in waist training, you can wear it for as long as you are comfortable – not exceeding 10 hours. Don’t stress too much and give your body ample time to rest and avoid negative consequences.
- If you are attending an event that lasts over 10 hours, make arrangements for leave before the time exceeds.
- Take regular breaks from wearing the shaper throughout the day. Don’t wear it while sleeping, as it can cause more harm than benefit.
- Gradually increase the duration of wearing the device to allow your body to adjust to the changing environment.
- Consult a healthcare provider before wearing this device, especially if you have respiratory or abdominal issues.
- If you are a new mother, wearing a trainer can seem an effective way to reduce fat and slim the abdomen. But it is harmful to your body and can cause problems in the uterus, midsection, and pelvic area. Instead, do yoga and a few mild exercises.
A waist trainer is not a dangerous device. But you must use it safely and carefully to enjoy its effective results. If you wear it for an optimal period, while paying attention to diet and exercises, you will soon have a slimmer body that adorns all kinds of clothing and betters your posture.
We hope you understand the optimal duration for wearing this shaping device each day and what could happen if you don’t follow the advice. Practice a healthy lifestyle by eating a nutritious diet, drinking enough water, taking adequate rest, and performing body toning and fat-burning exercises. We wish you all the best.