Have you been facing any trouble hearing lately? There can be several reasons behind it; however, Tepezza has recently been added to the list. The drug approved by the FDA and used to treat Thyroid Eye Disease (TED) came under scrutiny when many reports surfaced stating that the drug might be causing a hearing loss problem.
If you’re also taking Tepezza and have started having hearing problems, read this article for more information.
Table of Contents
How Does Tepezza Cause Hearing Loss?
Tepezza is a prescribed medicine to treat thyroid eye disease (TED) in adults. With many patients reporting hearing problems, there are rising concerns about the drug.
The most common side effects of Tepezza include, but are not limited to:
- Feeling tired
- Ringing in the ear
- Unusual echo in the ear
- Ear-plugging sensation
- Muscle or bone pain
If you are facing any of these symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
Where is the problem?
Many people suffer from thyroid eye disease (TED), due to which the muscles and fatty tissues around the eyes start to bulge. Tepezza is prescribed to counteract this problem by easing the strain on the eye muscles and, consequently, shrinking the tissues and muscles.
However, the real problem started when many patients claimed that they had started facing hearing loss issues after using Tepezza.
If you are facing a similar situation, contact a doctor immediately. After taking the prescribed medication, the next step is to explore your legal options. Know that you are entitled to compensation. You need to consult a lawyer for your case. Several lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson are pending in court, the manufacturer of Tepezza. These lawsuits allege that the drug manufacturer knew about the risks of hearing loss or should have known about the potential side effects but failed to take precautions and warn patients.
How to Reduce Your Risk of Developing Hearing Loss from Tepezza?
If you have been prescribed Tepezza, monitor your health closely.
- Ensure that you get your hearing checked frequently. By doing this, you will be able to detect any problem early on and get it treated without any delay.
- Avoid loud sounds and noises if possible. Wear ear protection if you’re exposed to an environment where you can’t avoid blaring sounds.
- Lastly, take Tepezza as directed by your doctor. Overdose of Tepezza can damage healthy cells and increase your risk of side effects.
Tepezza and potential legal action
If you or a loved one has been affected by Tepezza, it can be a stressful situation. The patient is already suffering from the potential side-effect of hearing loss, and they may be wondering what to do next. Here are your legal options.
1. Finding a lawyer: Cases related to defective drugs can be complicated. Without proper legal knowledge, you stand no chance of winning the case against giant pharmaceutical companies that manufacture these drugs. That’s why, after you’ve realized that Tepezza is the cause of your hearing problem, the immediate step should be finding a lawyer specializing in defective drug cases. Your lawyer will help to establish a strong case and gather all the relevant documents and evidence to support your claim. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about filing the necessary paperwork, as your lawyer will take care of everything. For legal assistance with your case, click here.
Even if you are 100% sure that Tepezza is impacting your health, how would you prove it? Since dangerous drug lawyers have handled several litigations against Tepezza, they can help you by establishing a correlation between your health condition and the use of the drug.
2. Next, ensure that a complaint regarding your case is filed with the Food & Drug Administration. The FDA will look into your matter and, based on the merit of your claim, will take action against Johnson & Johnson, the manufacturer of Tepezza.
3. Lastly, your lawyer will file a Tepezza lawsuit on your behalf. Lawsuits can be stressful, but anxiety can be reduced with the help of reliable legal counsel. Tepezza lawsuits are still in the early stages, and filing a lawsuit will also help other people beware of the drug’s potential side effects. The lawsuit will be filed against the company Johnson & Johnson, and you need to be patient, as this process can be complex. However, a knowledgeable attorney can easily guide you through the complicated legal process without any hassles to you.
Do I qualify for a Tepezza Lawsuit?
Do you qualify for a Tepezza Lawsuit? If yes, when can you file one?
A patient is qualified to file a Tepezza lawsuit if they took the drug and now have permanent or persistent hearing loss or tinnitus. It is strongly advised that patients who have any symptoms resulting from the drug should consider pursuing a legal claim right away. A lawyer will be able to put more light onto your case as each state has different statutes of limitation surrounding lawsuits – these can range from two to four years, depending on the patient’s location.
If you are interested in filing a Tepezza lawsuit, there are certain questions your attorney might ask you. For example:
- When did you use Tepezza for treatment?
- How many times was the drug given to you?
- When were hearing problems first diagnosed?
- Did your doctor suggest any treatments for potential Tepezza-related injuries?
Most importantly, you need to keep track of any conversations with doctors that suggest your hearing issues could be related to the medication. Through this information and other evidence, your lawyer can evaluate your case and suggest if a potential claim exists. Most of the Tepezza Lawsuit attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means that consultations are free. Acting on your case early will ensure that proper legal action can be taken to get the maximum possible compensation.
If you or someone you know has been affected by a hearing loss problem after using Tepezza, don’t panic. The best way forward is to contact a lawyer and ask them about your case. They can easily understand your situation and immediately guide you through the following steps.