Pocket Ranger® provides plenty of other standard features and advanced GPS technology to maximize any backcountry excursion:
- Places to hunt and fish and watchable wildlife
- Species profiles
- Rules and regulations
- License and permit information
- Safety communication tool
- Advanced GPS mapping features
- Cache map tiles for offline use
- Record tracks, distance and time
- Mark waypoints and photo waypoints
- Recall, post or share saved data
- Friend Finder feature that allows users to keep track of friends and family along the way.
- Built-in compass to help users navigate.
- Trophy Case, a community of anglers and hunters!
- Real-time calendar of events
- News and advisories
- Potentially life-saving Alert feature that supplies users’ GPS coordinates to designated contacts in case of an emergency.
With essential fishing, hunting and wildlife viewing information at your fingertips, prepare to experience New York’s great outdoors like never before.
Like us on Facebook! and Follow us on Twitter!
The enhanced features on the app are designed to function in areas with little to no mobile reception; however, some of the features require mobile data reception in order to function properly.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.